C'ville

C'ville

Thursday, April 21, 2011

In the Spirit of Historical Garden Week

A few years ago my house was part of Historical Garden Tour! Of course I cannot take any credit for this... I have memories of my mom and dad frantically pulling weeds, cleaning carpets, and mowing every inch of grass in our yard. 


What I do remember is woman of all ages flooding my home that weekend. Walking around the outside and making their way inside for light refreshments and a house cleaner that I have ever seen since...


I would have to say that my favorite part of our house is our porch... light, breezy, and super comfy, I have spent a LOT of time lounging on that sofa in the Spring and Summer months. 


Tours were led around our home, inside and outside, and the historical stories behind the house were shared... it used to be an old family beach-house!


This week is Historical Garden Week all around the state of Virginia. Make sure to step outside and visit a garden or two... it's such a wonderful week to do so!
Have a Tremendous Thursday...and check back soon!

1 comment:

  1. libs! so adorable.... I bet you can't wait to go home this weekend! I love the painting in your living room, and am pretty much obsessed with your porch. have such a fun time with your family, I am sure everyone is SO excited to have you back. love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...