C'ville

C'ville

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spotlight: Patricia Lyons

Patricia Lyons is a w.o.n.d.e.r.f.u.l photographer from Virginia! I have been very fortunate to get to know her through my internship at Easton Events... so I found it fitting to write a little post about her after I just showed you guys a recent Easton Event. 


Patricia Lyons is an " international lifestyle photographer" who mainly shoots photograph editorials for select magazines and WEDDINGS! 


Check out her shot from this weekend... She sure did captured the night! 




If you saw my post on the Wedding Planner Magazine of Charlottesville and Central VA, then you might have noticed how great the cover photo was.... once again a Patricia shot! The cover shot was an image from Devon and Dan's wedding. Here are just a few more amazing pictures from the special day.






and a personal fav...




I have been a part of many Easton Weddings where Patricia was the photographer and I just love watching her take action and set herself up for those perfect shots. I became so fascinated by the way she works I began following her blog and have truly enjoyed her bits of wisdom and a behind the scene glimpse into her other works! 


I really enjoyed her photos from a summer issue of Garden&Gun Magazine...I just love this description from her blog: 

"And then I feel the pressure, how do I capture it so everyone else can experience it too? So I walk the space, repeatedly, up and down different walkways, trying to figure out what it is that makes it 'what it is', and determine the angles or vantage points that tell more in a single image than others"




Another Garden&Gun article on foraging food from ones backyard... just look at that detail




Take a look at Patricia Lyons work on her blog... I promise you will have the best time looking at her wonderful photographs and getting a bit of insight into her profession as a photographer. 


Have a restful Tuesday night... and check back soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...