C'ville

C'ville

Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Retreat!

This past weekend I traveled to Lowesville, Virginia to the Crossroads Camp and Conference Center. About thirty undergraduates from Christ Church left C'ville and headed down 29 North for some peace and rest, and a little break from the everyday hectic college lifestyle. I could not have asked for a more beautiful setting. The landscape helped me get into the right mindset for the weekend... these tiny rapids made the most soothing sound.


I decided to visit Crossroads early Saturday morning before all of my friends came. I wanted to have time to walk around and be outside on the amazing day. The place, for the most part, was empty and quiet. I had a great time wandering around the camp site. Later in the night we made a bonfire and s'mores... one of my favorite desserts!


Crossroads has been up and running since 1917. Today the facility is found in the center of the Blue Ridge Mountains on 606 acres of land. Crossroads is open year round as a conference center... perfect for weekend get-a-ways. The cabins are just like summer camp! Complete with rows of bunk beds and a communal meeting lodge. 


I felt like I was a little kid again... off at sleep away camp! We even shared ghost stories and talked into the night with lights out.


 I had such a refreshing weekend away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, and I am sure my friends would say the same. If you are looking for a place to get away with a group of individuals check out the Crossroads facility in Lowesville, VA... a quick hours drive from Charlottesville! 


Have a Magnificent Monday night...and check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...