C'ville

C'ville

Friday, January 21, 2011

Blue Moon Diner

This morning my friends and I decided to head to Blue Moon Diner for breakfast/brunch around 10:30... what a great spot, with such a local C'ville feel.


There are various places to sit within the diner, while the old fashioned stools and bar are obviously a fun choice, the diner has expanded beyond just this small space and created a room off to the side where tables and chairs are set up for hungry customers! 



Not only is breakfast offered ALL DAY but Blue Moon has a second menu for lunch and dinner. This morning I had a nice hot cup of coffee and pancakes. Kate chose a personalized omlet and MaryBoyce had the French Toast ( made on Breadwork's cinnamon swirl bread). 


 I was in for quite a surprise... did not know I would be getting the 'Breakfast at Tiffanys' pancake special! 


From the delicious food to the sweet wait staff Blue Moon Diner is the place to be on a Friday morning. We were able to walk right in, get a place to sit, and have menus and water within seconds! 

I just love the old diner feel.  Locals can come in and grab a quick bite to eat while reading the daily newspaper, alone or with a friend or two....


These two men asked me to snap a picture! We ended up chatting and I quickly learned the man on the right is a born and raised C'ville guy and the man seated on the left was originally from Atlanta, but moved to Charlottesville when he was a boy. They told me they would become Three Notched followers... if I could teach them how to use the internet! 


I love the colorful paintings, old records and books, as well as a large collection of children toys and games! What a great way to make a restaurant feel more homey and charming.


Be sure to make a trip to Blue Moon Diner for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It's simply cozy and wonderful. A perfect Charlottesville diner!

Have a Fun Friday... and check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...