C'ville

C'ville

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Celebrate An Early Turkey Day With Friends!

"Indeed we do not really live unless we have friends surrounding us like a firm wall against the winds of the world"
-Charles Hanson Towne 

Each day I am so thankful for all of my wonderful friends. With Thanksgiving right around the corner, we have the opportunity to travel home and spend the day sharing stories, eating turkey, and watching football with our family. This year my friends and I decided we needed to have a special night to do the same with our best friends!  I mean...why not have TWO Thanksgivings!?


My roommates and I rounded up some of our closest friends, divided up who would bring what, and threw together a pretty impressive Thanksgiving feast college style.

 Maitland took over the turkey (after spending over an hour on the phone with her grandfather as he gave her super secret turkey tricks), I concocted a sweet potato casserole, which turned out to be more of a dessert with brown sugar, vanilla, milk, and eggs, Allie made the stuffing, Emily contributed the cheese grits, and Hamilton mastered the arugula, pear, walnut salad! 


My roommates and I decorated our apartment in the spirit of Thanksgiving by creating turkey hands with glittery eyes and paper chains. We built up our fire, and put on some tunes before the guests arrived! 


Witnessing the clean plates and lack of leftovers I would say everyone enjoyed our Thanksgiving feast! Following dinner we had dessert, provided by Jill, of brownies, snickerdoodle ice cream and little turkeys made of oreos, reeses, and candy corn! They were too cute. 


We had a great evening spending " Thanksgiving" with our friends. I encourage all of my readers to take the time to give thanks for all the friends you are fortunate to have this year. 




Have a Thankful Thursday... and check back soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...