C'ville

C'ville

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Picking Out The Perfect Thanksgiving Tree

Each year my family hosts Thanksgiving dinner. Our house is architecturally very open and bright, and VERY, VERY people friendly. Ask anyone who knows us... the door here is always open! For as long as I can remember my family has decked the house with "Thanksgiving" trees... which are just Christmas trees, but usually a little shorter and on the smaller side. Think Charlie Brown Christmas. My mom says... not only are they more festive but the trees, once decorated in sparkling white lights, are less expensive than any other holiday floral arrangement. They make our home smell like the holidays and they add a very festive feel for our Thanksgiving celebration! 

Yesterday I took the little girls tree shopping. It was such a fun adventure. We went around 5:30, dressed in our warm winter jackets, ready to select the perfect Thanksgiving trees!



 We headed straight to the smaller trees and set out on a hunt to find the best of the best! While some of us were more into actually selecting a Thanksgiving tree, others had a better time playing in the trees or just acting silly. The holiday spirit was definitely around us! 




I had the best time, not only being home and among my favorite people, but allowing myself to escape my school work and submerge myself in the holiday spirit. We spend about thirty minutes selecting our trees and then played tag and goofed around in the lot of trees! 





Take the time to find a fun Christmas tree lot and purchase a cheap tree to add a festive and lively atmosphere to your home! They are beautiful just with white lights... check back tomorrow, I will post some pictures of my families Thanksgiving trees. 


Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING and a Thankful Thursday... and check back soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...