C'ville

C'ville

Monday, November 8, 2010

Strolling Ridge Road

What a beautiful Charlottesville day! After spending a fun and filled weekend with our parents, my friends and I were ready to take a breather and wind down. We could not think of anything better than a nice stroll down Ridge Road. 




What a beautiful Charlottesville day! After spending a fun and filled weekend with our parents, my friends and I were ready to take a breather and wind down. We could not think of anything better than a nice stroll down Ridge Road. 

It has been around two years since I discovered Ridge Road... and it has changed my time here in Charlottesville. Now about once a month my friends and I try to find the time to head down Barracks Road, drive a little past the Foxfield plots, and take a walk down the winding gravel path. While Ridge Road is only ten miles or so from the Barracks shopping center, you feel as if you have traveled far and wide to reach solitude and nature at its finest! 

Today Anna, Emily, and I headed out for a few hours to get our minds of our schoolwork and enjoy each other’s company. Other than constantly stopping to snap some photos and admire the changing leaves and green pastures, we were able to spend quality time telling one another about our best hiking adventures and campfire stories. I am so luck to have such amazing friends who enjoy the same things I do and will take the time to seek out unique, beautiful, and relaxing places around C'ville! 

With each turn on Ridge Road you can see different landscapes.  From dense forest settings to rolling fields and farm homes, we were able to receive a taste of what Charlottesville can offer. We even had the opportunity to pass by two horses grazing in the sunshine. With a click of our tongue one horse came over and stood next to us, letting my friends and I pet her mane and kiss her nose… next time I need to remember my carrots!





I encourage my Charlottesville readers to take the time to walk down Ridge Road and enjoy the beautiful fall atmosphere around C'ville... and for those who don't live in the area... search the web or find a map and try to find some space near you to take a stroll. Allowing yourself to get lost in nature is the best way to close your weekend and spend some time relaxing while enjoying the wonderful spaces around us. 


Have a wonderful Monday... and check back soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...