C'ville

C'ville

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Charlottesville Wine Vineyards

When my parents come into town during the fall months, I love taking them wine tasting. Charlottesville has so many great vineyards; it can be hard just to choose which one to visit for the afternoon! This year we decided to go to Kings Family Vineyard… and what a beautiful day it turned out to be for my family and me!

My second year at the University of Virginia, I was so excited for my parents to come into town I packed way too many activities in for one afternoon. By early evening, my parents had to head back to their hotel completely wiped out from the day. When my third year rolled around, I decided to go the wine tasting route… and this went much better! We had the chance to taste great Virginia wines as well as relax and spend quality time together outside on a patio with tables, chairs, and great company.

About a month ago my mom called me on the phone and said,  “ Libby please tell me we are going wine tasting again this year!”…. and that was that… wine tasting it was! I talked to some of my close friends and we decided to spend the afternoon at Kings Family. 




Charlottesville has many options when it comes to choosing a wine vineyard. Once we turned twenty-one, my friends and I began exploring the world of wineries around Charlottesville, and have yet to try them all…maybe we should add that to our “list” of things to do before we graduate this May!  If you are interested in trying some out while you explore the C’ville area here are a few recommendations:

1.     Afton Mountain Vineyards
2.     Flying Fox Vineyards
3.     Jefferson vineyards
4.     Keswick Hall
5.     Kings family vineyards
6.     Kluge Estate Winery
7.     Mountfair Vineyards
8.     Veritas Vineyard and Winery
9.     White Hall Vineyards


     This Spring Pippin Hill Farm and Vineyards will open its “barn” doors for business! I am SO VERY excited about this new vineyard that is coming to our area. Pippin Hill will not only offer a unique and cozy space to sit and enjoy Virginia wine with friends and family, but the vineyard is being designed as “ the region’s premiere event venue for destination weddings, social celebrations and corporate entertaining.” Ground has been broken and construction is underway! Stay tuned and I will keep you updated on Pippin Hills progress throughout the winter months…<http://www.pippinhillfarm.com/>

     As the fall comes to a close, I encourage all of my readers to jump in their cars and head out to one of Charlottesvilles wine vineyards! As the leaves are changing and the air is brisk this is the perfect time of the year to enjoy C'ville's wineries. 


    Have a terrific Tuesday... and check back soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...